Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Shopping at home via an Atlanta florist

Some friends and I wanted to send flowers to someone in Atlanta recovering from surgery. I called and asked her roommate about a good florist near them. Foxgloves and Ivy was the only place recommended.

"Hmmm," I wondered, 'Isn't that the one owned by a man whose sister lives in Sandersville who I have known for about 20 years?" I dialed them up and a young woman answered, "Foxgloves and Ivy, this is Jenna. How can I help you?"

I knew I was in good hands-Jenna is the owner's niece, and I have known her since she was about four. We talked about what would be cheerful to receive, got the message on the card just right (Jenna encouraged something clever), shared some news about Jenna's one year old daughter (Laney Jane is in the walk-run phase of mobility), and wished each other a Merry Christmas.

Once again, when getting something right for a friend really mattered, the best help possible came my way. My friend is recovering nicely, and I knew what was delivered would be perfect. Shopping in Atlanta was just like shopping at home.  

     

No comments:

Post a Comment